Family Intervention Rapid Support Team (FIRST)
What is FIRST?
This program will provide Family Intervention Rapid Support services in and around the communities of Estevan, Weyburn, and Carlyle by identifying families who display risk factors for violence and intervening early using a relentless outreach approach.
This new program FIRST is designed to:
- Offer immediate, short-term help to individuals and families who experience emotional, mental, physical and/or behavioural distress following an event of interpersonal violence or abuse.
- Offer early intensive outreach – relentless attempts to connect and reconnect with families to provide support and skills to disrupt the cycle of violence.
- Proactively identify risk factors related to violence. (safety planning, reducing harm and/or victimization)
- Enhance community engagement, safety planning, risk assessments, and the overall lowering of Adverse Childhood Experiences scores.
- Identify families who display risk factors for violence, and intervening early using a relentless and non-traditional counselling approach.
**webpage currently under construction**