Whether you’re at school, college or work, life can be really busy. When we’re busy, it can be difficult to find time to rest and take the time we need to look after ourselves. But, it’s really important for our mental health that we take time out.
Taking time out to rest and relax not only helps our bodies to have a break, but it is also important for our mental health. It can help you:
- calm your thoughts down if you have had a busy day or you have a lot going through your mind
- reflect on your day and how it made you feel
- give you time to process your thoughts
- switch off from your work or studies
- have time to do activities that you enjoy, like reading, writing or going for a walk
- feel refreshed from work, studying, or revising and more focussed when you start these tasks again
Taking time out to focus on yourself can help you to feel calm and in control. Whether it’s doing a hobby that you enjoy, going for a walk or doing some deep breathing, doing something for yourself can help you look after your mental health.