Are you looking for a rewarding career where you feel like you have made a difference at the end of the day? We invite you to apply for any of the following positions by emailing your resume to email@example.com
Envision Counselling and Support Centre Inc. – Seeking Family Support Workers for the Weyburn, Estevan and Carlyle offices.
Position Type: Casual – Hours available vary depending on available contracts
Hours of Work: Flexible Schedule – Daytime, Evening and Weekend Availability Required
Here’s what you will do as a Family Support Worker:
* Take on contracts for families in crisis to provide strength-based support and
treatment plans to meet the needs of the family, the Ministry of Social Services Case Manager, and
our Family Support Program Coordinator
* Build a professional rapport with your clients by providing flexible, reliable support
and maintaining boundaries
* Promote healthy child development and positive interactions between family members
* Provide transportation for client appointments and supervised visits
* Provide education and support for life skills, modeling appropriate boundaries,
parenting skills and household management
What we can offer you:
* Supportive team environment
* Rewarding and meaningful work supporting your community
* Opportunities for professional development, growth and advancement within our expanding
* Optional participation in our pension plan.
* Flexibility – family support workers are offered contracts to support families across
Here’s what we are looking for in the ideal candidate:
∗ Grade 12 education required
∗ A certificate, diploma or degree in Social Work, Early Childhood Education, Youth Education, or other human service disciplines, or equivalent experience providing the following: Working with children, youth and families in crisis; knowledge of the Ministry of Social Services; understanding of client-centered and strength-bases services is considered an asset
∗ Must be able to maintain professional boundaries, take initiative, demonstrate reliability, be flexible, organized, and work independently
∗ Able to perform tasks to achieve outcomes and meet deadlines
∗ Computer literacy – working knowledge of Microsoft office programs and the ability to learn new programs
∗ Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal, observation and decision-making skills
∗ Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, and in collaboration with other professionals
∗ Awareness of community resources, child development, alternative parenting strategies and knowledge of child maltreatment, family dynamics and stressors
∗ Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle that can accommodate car seats.
Applications are always welcome. Training groups run several times per year on an as-need basis.
Please send your application to:
Envision Counselling and Support Centre Inc.
Estevan, SK. S4A 2A5
Attention: Lynda Rideout, Executive Director
Please Note: Successful applicant must consent to a Criminal Record Check